Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Simple Pleasures of Now!

Destination Disease: Being so focused on fixed destination that you forget to enjoy the journey there. Seize the simple blessings that God has before you in this day!


Sometimes I get so focused on the goals of my life that I fail to see the good in my life and the greatness that God wants me to experience right before me. Today brings the stress and errands to prepare for three services tomorrow morning and the dedication of our new baptistery and the baptism of a bunch of people tomorrow evening. My tendency is to be so focused on what needs to be accomplished in the day that I miss the simple pleasures of this day.


Already this morning, I saw a beautiful sunrise, awakened a sweet little princess and made her a peanut butter and syrup sandwich for breakfast (yummy...didn't have bananas though), read some inspirational words from Scripture and had my beautiful wife bring me a breakfast smoothie as she was leaving for the morning.


It's good to know the destination, but it seems much wiser to enjoy the journey on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment